480 Queen street—Design assist—Brisbane CBD
- Project Year: 2013
- Client: Grocon
- Project Type: 34 story steel framed highrise
- IPD Workflow: “Engaged by the builder under minor consultant’s agreement”
The scope of work requested and delivered in this contract was three fold.
- Firstly, to Develop a detailed 3D model for all structural steel from the Ground Level to he Rooftop, in appropriate steel drafting software. In this instance Steelcad utilised Tekla Structures software. We were to use Aurecon’s design model as a reference but not a direct import; ie the steel model was to be created ‘from scratch’.
- Secondly, whilst the modelling works were being completed, identify coordination is sues, clashes, fabrication and erection issues, detailing issues, suggest possibilities for improved efficiency, discover any gaps or shortcomings in the Aurecon information, and generate and resolve RFI’s as required to complete the modelling process.
- And thirdly, Extensive coordination was required not only with Aurecon but also with the Architect and Services Consultants to resolve the structural steel design. This included attendance at meetings throughout this process to assist Aurecon in adjusting their design/model to incorporate the changes prompted by our modelling works. This involved embedding one of our lead detailing resources within the Brisbane office of Aurecon.
- Steelwork Tonnage: 4000t