Cowboys Leagues club —Townsville QLD
- Technical Aspects:
- Started modelling work prior to any design documentation being completed.
- IFC design delivery, complete with sketches for connection details.
- Pre Shop drawing approval undertaken using IFC models and Revit.
- IPD Workflow: “Engaged by the Architect under minor consultant’s agreement”
- Project Type: Commercial
- Client: Arkhefield
- Project Year: 2014
- Project Specifications:
- 1000 sq/m of retail floor space – Single Level – Steelwork only
- Steelwork Tonnage: 60t
- Cold Rolled ‘Meters’: 1960 l/m
- Speed Flooring ‘Meters’: 340 l/m
We were engaged by Arkhefield to work in an IPD framework, whereby collaboratively we would deliver the builder Shop Detail dwgs and reports earlier than could be expected under traditional workflow methods. Material reports were used in the Tender process to give a more accurate representation of the steelwork tonnage and precast sq/m, in order for the builder to obtain sharper pricing from subcontractors.
Arkhefield delivered to us the Point Cloud Survey that was done on the project, it was viewed using Internet Explorer and the visual appearance was photographic (highly detailed). We used this viewer to obtain an understanding of what was on site already as the work we were involved in was for refurbishment of the Leagues Club. The IFC model supplied to us as the design medium from Arkhefield had interface objects modelled, which reflected the Point Cloud Survey. We were able to use these objects as points of reference for the new steelwork we were detailing.
Whilst this isn’t a very large project, the preplanning of the process to use to undertake the refurbishment is commendable.