Mercedes Benz Pre-Delivery Facility – Fison Avenue – Eagle Farm
- Technical Aspects:
- Started modelling work prior to any design documentation being completed.
- IFC design delivery, complete with sketches for connection details.
- Pre Shop drawing approval undertaken using IFC models and Tekla BIMSight.
- IPD Workflow: “Engaged by design consultant under minor consultant’s agreement”
- Project Type: Commercial / Industrial
- Client: McVeigh Consultants
- Project Year: 2016
- Project Specifications:
- 5322 sq/m of warehouse floor space , 218 sq/m Office (single level) and 187 sq/m Wash bay
- Steelwork Tonnage: 90 t
- Cold Rolled ‘Meters’: 6840 l/m
- Precast tonnage: 756 t
- Precast Sq/m: 2101 sq/m (One Face)
We were engaged by McVeigh to work in an IPD framework, whereby collaboratively we would deliver the builder Shop Detail dwgs and reports earlier than could be expected under traditional workflow methods. Material reports were used in the Tender process to give a more accurate representation of the steelwork tonnage and precast sq/m, in order for the builder to obtain sharper pricing from subcontractors.