Dexus – Drive Building 5 —Brisbane QLD
- Technical Aspects:
- Started modelling work prior to any design documentation being completed.
- IFC design delivery, complete with sketches for connection details.
- Pre Shop drawing approval undertaken using IFC models and Tekla BIMSight.
- IPD Workflow: “Engaged by design consultant under minor consultant’s agreement”
- Project Type: Commercial / Industrial
- Client: McVeigh Consultants
- Project Year: 2014
- Project Specifications:
- 40500 sq/m of retail floor space – Single Level – Plant Deck– Offices- Steelwork
- Precast Panels.
- Steelwork Tonnage: 445t
- Cold Rolled ‘Meters’: 33150 l/m
- Precast tonnage: 1120t
- Precast Sq/m: 3000 sq/m (One Face)
We were engaged by McVeigh to work in an IPD framework, whereby collaboratively we would deliver the builder Shop Detail dwgs and reports earlier than could be expected under traditional workflow methods. Material reports were used in the Tender process to give a more accurate representation of the steelwork tonnage and precast sq/m, in order for the builder to obtain sharper pricing from subcontractors.
This project was delivered after the exposure the builder had with Building 1. They liked the result on Building 1 and gave the go ahead for IPD to be used on Building 5.