Byerwen Coal – Qld
- Project Year: 2015
- Client: Sedgman Limited
- Project Type: Mining – Structures & Platework
- IPD Workflow: “Engaged by design consultant under minor consultant’s agreement”
- Technical Aspects:
- IFC design delivery, along with 2D design drawings.
- Pre Shop drawing approval undertaken using IFC models and Navisworks.
- Project Specifications:
- 7 conveyors comprising of reclaim tunnel steelwork, low level modules, ground modules and trusses. Coal Preparation Plant structure. Various items of platework including ROM Dump Hopper, Train Load Out Bin, Surge Bin, Chutework & Head Chutes, and many other chutes and hoppers of varying design and complexity.
- Steelwork Tonnage: 2970t
We were engaged by Sedgamn to work in an IPD framework, whereby collaboratively we would deliver Sedgman Shop Detail dwgs and reports earlier than could be expected under traditional workflow methods. Material reports were used in the Tender process to give a more accurate representation of the steelwork tonnage and precast sq/m, in order for the builder to obtain sharper pricing from subcontractors.