Twin Pines Mineral Sands – Wet Concentrator Plant – U.S.A.
- IPD Workflow: “Engaged by design consultant under minor consultant’s agreement
- Project Type: Mining – Structures & Platework
- Client: Sedgman Limited
- Project Year: 2015
- Technical Aspects:
- IFC design delivery, along with 2D design drawings.
- Pre Shop drawing approval undertaken using IFC models and Navisworks.
- Project Specifications:
- Modular, relocatable structures and a number of small to medium chutes and hoppers of varying design and complexity.
- Steelwork Tonnage: 402t
We were engaged by Sedgamn to work in an IPD framework, whereby collaboratively we would deliver Sedgman Shop Detail dwgs and reports earlier than could be expected under traditional workflow methods. Material reports were used in the Tender process to give a more accurate representation of the steelwork tonnage and precast sq/m, in order for the builder to obtain sharper pricing from subcontractors.