Fairfield Shopping center (KMart Extension) —Townsville QLD
- Technical Aspects:
- Started modelling work prior to any design documentation being completed.
- IFC design delivery, complete with design documents for connection details & Navisworks coordination model.
- Pre Shop drawing approval undertaken using IFC models and Tekla BIMSight.
- IPD Workflow: “Engaged by the builder under minor consultant’s agreement”
- Project Type: Commercial
- Client: Lancini Constructions
- Project Year: 2014
- Project Specifications:
- 12000 sq/m of retail floor space – Single Level – Plant Deck s- Steelwork
- Precast Panels.
- Steelwork Tonnage: 300T
- Cold Rolled ‘Meters’: 14380 l/m
- Precast tonnage: 1580t
- Precast Sq/m: 3800 sq/m (One Face)
We were engaged by Lancini Constructions to work in an IPD framework, whereby we would work with the Engineer Bornhorst and Ward to deliver the builder Shop Detail dwgs and reports earlier than could be expected under traditional workflow methods. Material reports were used in the Tender process to give a more accurate representation of the steelwork tonnage and precast sq/m, in order for the builder to obtain sharper pricing from subcontractors.
This project was an extension to an existing shopping centre in Townsville. The KMart extension had some interface with existing structure and we were able to make use of an existing model for interfacing.
This project was delivered after the exposure the builder had with the Rejects Shop extension. They liked the result on the Rejects and gave the go ahead for IPD to be used on Kmart.