Fairfield Shopping center (Rejects Shop Extension) —Townsville QLD
- Technical Aspects:
- Started modelling work prior to any design documentation being completed.
- IFC design delivery, complete with design documents for connection details & Navisworks coordination model.
- Pre Shop drawing approval undertaken using IFC models and Tekla BIMSight.
- IPD Workflow: “Engaged by the builder under minor consultant’s agreement”
- Project Type: Commercial
- Client: Lancini Constructions
- Project Year: 2014
- Project Specifications:
- 580 sq/m of retail floor space – Single Level – Steelwork only
- Steelwork Tonnage: 22t
- Cold Rolled ‘Meters’: 1270 l/m
We were engaged by Lancini Constructions to work in an IPD framework, whereby we would work with the Engineer Bornhorst and Ward to deliver the builder Shop Detail dwgs and reports earlier than could be expected under traditional workflow methods. Material reports were used in the Tender process to give a more accurate representation of the steelwork tonnage and precast sq/m, in order for the builder to obtain sharper pricing from subcontractors.
This project was an extension to an existing shopping centre in Townsville. The raked awnings needed to match in with the existing awning structure and the building its self also needed to match into existing steelwork and precast panels.
We were given a Navisworks model of the existing building which was made up of models used to develop the original structure. We also developed setout sections through the existing building for the surveyor to cross check what was actually build. With this information and the design documentation we developed our construction model and Shop Detail Drawings.