Woolworths Rothwell—Brisbane QLD
- Project Year: 2014
- Client: McVeigh Consultants
- Project Type: Commercial
- IPD Workflow: “Engaged by design consultant under minor consultant’s agreement”
- Technical Aspects:
- Started modelling work prior to any design documentation being completed.
- IFC design delivery, complete with sketches for connection details.
- Pre Shop drawing approval undertaken using IFC models and Tekla BIMSight.
- Project Specifications:
- 6000 sq/m of retail floor space – Single Level – Plant Deck – Steelwork
- Precast Panels.
- Steelwork Tonnage: 80t
- Cold Rolled ‘Meters’: 6400 l/m
- Precast tonnage: 870t
- Precast Sq/m: 2400 sq/m (One Face)
Words from the Fabricator:
“I wish to acknowledge Steelcad Drafting in their performance and delivery of Shop Detail Drawings without fault on Woolworths Rothwell. When receiving Free Issue Drawings, its always a concern as you never know what you are going to get and there is an element of risk associated with them. The project went smoothly and was hassle free in terms of shop queries and on-site fit-up. I can’t remember running a job when the only variation was due to someone damaging an item.”
We were engaged by McVeigh to work in an IPD framework, whereby collaboratively we would deliver the builder Shop Detail dwgs and reports earlier than could be expected under traditional workflow methods. Material reports were used in the Tender process to give a more accurate representation of the steelwork tonnage and precast sq/m, in order for the builder to obtain sharper pricing from subcontractors.